This service is accessible via Healthcare Professionals only. Should you require support / referral please ask your GP / Occupational Therapist / Community Health Team etc.
- To facilitate a prompt discharge from hospital once the patient has been declared Medically Fit For Discharge (MFFD).
- To help prevent hospital admissions / reduce engagement with health services.
- The community based patient is at risk of admission to hospital / has high engagement with health services.
- The hospital patient has been declared MFFD but is unable to be discharged due to a situation at home (see Services below).
- The patient has no other support mechanism (bar Care Workers).
- The patient is ineligible for statutory support (eg social services meals on wheels).
- The Project is open to adult patients / residents who reside in Erewash.
– Referrals will be accepted from Health Care Professionals (ie NHS staff) and via Vspa. Please use this form.
– Referrals can be made via telephone / fax / post using the Referral Form:
– Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Post: Community Concern Erewash, The Symes Centre, Bright Street, Cotmanhay, DE7 8NH
– Tel: 0115 9444146 and speak to Kim Barker
Where appropriate CCE will visit patients / next of kin / Carer on the ward in Derby Hospitals and Ilkeston Hospital. Once a patient has been declared MFFD, CCE will investigate the possible solutions to an identified barrier which is preventing the patient being discharged promptly.
Where appropriate CCE will carry out home visits with HCPs in the resident’s home to assess the support needed and the services that CCE can provide to help prevent the resident from being admitted to hospital / reduce engagement with health services.
Possible services could include:
Meals on wheels (non statutory services entitled)
Moving beds / furniture
Dementia friendly homes initiative
The service does not include transporting patients’ to or from hospital.